ConnCAT's Culinary Program
ConnCAT's Culinary Arts Academy is designed to fulfill the market demand for trained culinarians in the food service industry. Emphasis is placed on instilling excellent culinary skills while producing well rounded chefs equipped to enter the fast-paced environment of the hospitality world. The adult learner will be diverse in the areas of food and beverage operations, entrepreneur skills, baking and pastry arts, as well as advanced culinary skills. The program also emphasizes teamwork, personal accountability, communication skills and professional development.
The ConnCAT Culinary Arts Academy puts the adult learner on the path to success in the hospitality industry. Graduates will have the opportunity to acquire their ServSafe certification while enrolled in the Culinary Arts Program.
This program is offered at no cost to participants.
- 2 weeks COMMIS
- 6 months Classroom Instruction
- 80 Hours Externship
- Monday through Friday, 8AM-2:30PM
- Externship schedule determined by the extern site
- Food Sanitation & Safety
- Culinary Skills
- Art of Garde Manger
- Introduction to Baking
- American Regional Cuisine
- Healthy Cooking
- Cafe Operations
- Coursework also includes keyboarding, computer tech, word processing, communications, professional development and financial literacy.
How to Apply
- Complete online Pre-Application
- Submit an Original & copy of the following:
- HS Diploma/Transcript/GED Certificate
- Proof of CT Residency (utility bill)
- Birth Certificate
- Valid State Issued Photo ID
- Attend an Information Session and complete Higher Select Assessment on site
- Panel Interview